Pool Player Application MajorsUpdated Wednesday February 21, 2018 by Sonoma Little League.
SONOMA LITTLE LEAGUE
Player Pool Guidelines & Application
Little League Guidelines Regarding Pool Players:
1. The league's Player Agent will create and run the pool. The league's Player Agent will use the pool to assign players to teams that are short of players on a rotating basis.
2. Managers and/or coaches will not have the right to randomly pick and choose players from the pool.
3. When a player participates in a game on a team other than his own team, such player will not be permitted to pitch in that game.
4. Pool players that are called and show up at the game site must play at least nine consecutive defensive outs and bat once.
Local League Guidelines Regarding Pool Players:
1. A Majors player can be used in the Majors Division and a AAA player can be used in the AAA Division, only during regular season games.
2. Managers may only request a pool player if they are certain to have nine or fewer regular team players. The manager may request as many pool players as necessary to field a team of ten (10).
By way of example:
Team “A” only has nine (9) players – the manager may request one (1) pool player.
Team “A” only has eight (8) players – the manager may request two (2) pool players.
Team “A” only has seven (7) players – the manager may request three (3) pool players.
3. The manager must provide the Player Agent with at least 24 hours notice in the event a pool
player(s) is needed.
4. Under no circumstances shall a manager, coach or player approach a prospective pool player to enquire about their availability to play for another team.
Procedure For Assigning Pool Players:
1. Players will complete a “Pool Player Application” at the beginning of the season. Players will be added to the pool in the order their applications are received.
2. As the Player Agent is notified of a shortage of players for an upcoming game, the pool players will be contacted by the Player Agent on a rotating basis.
3. If a pool player is asked to participate in a game and is unable to do so on that date, that player will be bypassed and the next available pool player will be invited to participate.
|SLL Pool Player Guidelines_Application.pdf|